Wednesday 20 March 2013

1st Light -WIP 1

I mentioned in my last post that I've been working on WWG's First Light spaceship and thought I'd share with you the progress I've made so far.

The basic construction method of the model is to make the rooms and corridors as a series of boxes which can then be assembled how you wish.  There are bits to add or remove doors to the rooms and there are quite a few different rooms supplied - including cargo bay, airlock, bridge, turret and so on ...

In the pic below, the two big rooms at the top are cargo bays, with an airlock in between; a long corridor leads from the airlock which has 2 smaller corridors branching off and there are 4 other rooms at the bottom of the pic (which is going to be the front of the ship, btw)

Below is a close up of the exterior of the airlock (with Zombie-ME for scale as usual), which the only room that I've done a roof and any of the exterior for so far. There is a roof for each room - the intention being that you can reveal parts of the ship as they are reached - as well as exteriors

The doors in the kit are designed to be removed as needed, and the pic below shows the exterior airlock door partially removed showing Zombie-Me's base

I'm making the model with mounting board for the floors, 2 bits for the walls (so the doors can be sandwiched in between) and foamboard for the roofs.

I don't have a particular game in mind for this model (other than some kind of Space Hulk thing) but I've had it for ages and wanted to build it all that time, so I've finally started it!