Tuesday 9 October 2012

Ebbles Card Vehicles

After seeing Ironmonk's post on his card vehicles here:  paper-people-movers, as I said in my last post, I was inspired to take pics of the Ebbles trucks I've made - and I actually did it!

So here they are; first up is a group shot of the three I've made, with Zombie-Me on top to give an idea of size; also, IIRC, the grid on the cutting mat is made up of centimetre squares
l-r: Water Tanker, Covered Body, Fuel Tanker
The trucks come in a set,  which has the 3 bodies shown in the picture above, plus an open flat bed that I've not made yet. You can get them from here at Genet Models' shop. (Genet Models is the new name for Ebbles).

Now for some individual shots of the trucks. I made the Water tanker a while ago, which is why it's white and the others Grey. There are another two colour schemes in the set: Helo Drab (dull green) and Tan (pale greeny-brown (on my monitor anyway!)).
White Water Tanker
 Next is the covered body version. I like this a lot and intend to build at least one more
Grey Covered Body
Finally for the trucks is the Fuel Tanker. Unlike the water tanker, I made this by scoring the interior of the body so that instead of being curved its sides are angled straights.  I think it looks better and it was easier to assemble than trying to bend the sides.
Grey fuel Tanker
As a note on the trucks, I put a piece of 2mm card in the base of the chassis when I assembled them - well the two grey ones anyway. This has made them substantially heaver than the white truck and they feel 'more solid' as well. I also think they'll be less likely to get knocked around on the table when used. I'll certainly be doing this with other card vehicles I make, as well as using Ironmonk's tip of dowelling for the wheels, which will add more to their weight!

And finally for this post, the M11 police vehicles. The pic shows the M11 copcar as supplied on the left and a K9 unit version that I bashed from it. I'm very pleased with how it came out.
M11 Cop-cars
 So much so that here's a close-up of it!

I enjoy making these card vehicles, and have decided that I'm only going to use card vehicles. This means that once I get into my new place (and find everything again!), I'll be running a giveaway of the diecast vehicles I've got through this blog - but not today!