Monday 8 October 2012

Update and Something Ordered ...

I made some progress on my Stoelzel's Structures' Local Pub this weekend; all the windows are fully 'glazed' [what a goddamn pain that was! Carl - don't make windows that small again! grrr!  ;) ] and the next step is to do the doors. Once they are done, I'll be ready to assemble the building, and then there will be pictures - honest!

It's nice to see Ironmonk back posting over at his blog - Zed Storm Rising - and his latest post on card vehicles, reminded me of my mention in this post - quick-update on 24 July - about my intent to build a convoy of Ebbles Trucks. I can't remember how far I got with that, but as the drawer unit with them in is still at home and not in storage yet, I'll try and get some photos of what I did make done tonight.

Mantic Ghouls as Ragers ...
not so happy with them now :(
And finally for this update ... I've been 'umming and ahhing'  about whether to order this set from Mantic Games for several months now ... I wanted to get some more 'ragers' (for which I've used Mantic's ghouls) and wanted some zombies that wouldn't look out of place up against my Edwardian Sci-Fi stuff, and IIRC Brummie at Brummies Wargaming Blog, posted on the Mantic zombies saying they were good.  Plus the tombstone markers will help expand my small cemetary terrain piece.  So this morning I bit the bullet and placed the order. More on this when they arrive!

So the 60 undead in that set plus the Studio Miniatures plastic zombies from their kickstarter project that should arrive soon, will give me a plastic mountain to match my lead mountain!