Wednesday 14 March 2012

Shopping @ WMMS, part 1

As promised here are some photos of what I splashed out on at WMMS last sunday.

First is a 'miniature' I've been after for quite a while; a Sgts Mess Memorial. Every time I've seen their stand at conventions I've tried to get this mini, but they've always sold out - until Sunday!

I got another 5 packs of 14th Army infantry from Peter Pig. I'm planning on being able to field 2 companies with a troop of Grants as support, so I'll be getting some mor infantry and another pair of Grants (from Skytrex) at Salute

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I put a bunch of stuff on the bring'n'buy stand and had a browse there myself. I found this bag of 6mm fortifications - 68 pieces for 15 quid; bargain! err ... not that I was really looking for 6mm fortifications .... anyway, they'll be useful for my 6mm WSS and VSF. I fished out some examples for the pic below

Staying on the 6mm theme, from Angel Barracks, I got an assortment of 6mm terrain items, which you can see in the next pic, including: 2 groups of sheep, assorted sandbag positions, a pair of haycarts, 2 gates, and 2 British searchlight positions (which I have no need for, but they looked great!). These are manufactured by Irregular Minis but sold by Angel Barracks

Also from Angel Barracks, I got these
The piece at the front is a flexible mat that has recesses for the standard sized buildings by the same company. The idea is that you can use the same 'farm', as this piece is, with interchangeable buildings depending on the period/theatre being fought. The next pic shows the buildings in place. I think it's a great idea and will probably be getting more of them

And finally for the 6mm stuff, I got some Baccus centaur infantry from their science fiction range, intending to use them with my Baccus colonials for VSF games

That's it for this post - there will be 3 on my shopping at WMMS (I said I'd spent too much!) and next time will be the stuff I got from Warbases, with the third part being my new project.