Tuesday 26 June 2012

Stoelzel’s Structures - 7ombieTV Cabin

Apologies for the delay between posts, but its been hectic at work, and busy at home as well, which has left little time for posting ...

Anyway, enough of the excuses! This post will show the Cabin by Carl Stoelzel - the brain behind Stoelzel's Structures - that is included in the 7ombieTV rulebook released by Crooked Dice.

As with my previous posts on buildings I've made, the omnipresent Van Fampi - internal designer extrordinaire - is present in the pics to give an idea of the model's size, but this time we are joined by a guest reviewer - Zombie-Me! - who, unfortunately, doesn't have a huge vocabulary ...

To the build. It's a good building that went together without any great difficulty and, tbh, now I've finished it, it's surprising just how big the cabin actually is!  So the first pic is an exterior shot with the roof in place. I intend to 'fancy-up' the roof with the ready made roof tiles that I posted a pic of back in this post - shopping-wmms-part-2 - but wanted to show the Cabin as you get it. I think I should have removed the thick black line around the edge of the printed tiles, but leaving it on gave a good overhang for the roof - IMO.
"Here we are again, happy as can be!"
"Urrrggghhhh ..."
The next pic is the same view but with the roof removed and you just see the end of an Ainsty table I put in. 7ombieTV doesn't include any furniture for the Cabin, although the first issue of the fanzine 'Zombieville Post' included some - again by Carl. Also in this pic, you can see that the Cabin has opening doors and holes for the windows!
"Doors - well done!"
"Sssspppplllleeennnn ..
The first photo of the interior is next and you can clearly see how big the Cabin is. Also you can see the Ainsty bed and a bench (that I can't remember where I got) that I added for a bit of decoration.  The model itself is made with 2mm artist board for the walls, roof and floor and 2 layers of cereal box card for the interior walls and exterior doors. Unfortunately, this has caused a bit of warping on the long interior wall, but not enough to matter.
"hmm .. a bit plain ..."
"uhh ... luuuunnnnnggggssss"
Here is another shot of the interior, from the other side of the model to the previous shot. The two small rooms are different sizes - one will be a bedroom, the other a bathroom I think.
"Very spacious!"
"Liiiiivvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrr ..."
Next is a clearer shot of the larger of the small rooms
"Very plain - needs more, I think"
"Whaaattttteeeevvveeeeeerrrrrr ..."
Finally for the Cabin is a shot of the smaller of the small rooms
"Well that's another job finished"
"Wheeerrrrreee'ssss ffoooddd gooonnne?!"

edited: I was asked in a comment how big the building was, and I thought I better add it here. It is just under 22cm by just under 17cm by just under 11cm high (to the roof peak)

Last of all for this post, is a shot of the progress I've made to date on the Stoelzel' Structures Federal House
"ooh, very big!"
"Ffffoooooddddd!!!"
However, expect this model to be substantially different to the designed model when it's finished!