Friday 26 April 2013

Sa-Loot 13; part the second ...

First of all this time, a couple of apologies ... my last post should have been numbered as I've got loads'a'loot at Salute and it'll take three posts to show it all off. So I rectified that, and my last post now is appended 'part the first'

Secondly, I mentioned in my last post that I got blank dice from eM4 Miniatures, but didn't say why! They are for a print'n'play game from Dave's Games called Solid State War (I got it from Wargames Vault, but it's now longer listed there, but is still on Piazo.com).  It's a near future air combat game that uses custom dice - hence the purchase.

As I have Stoelzel's Structures excellent Church of the Faithful to build at some point, I thought I'd need an appropriate 'boss' for that magnificent structure, so I got the 'Bishop with Crozier' from eM4 that you can see to the right. He's been glued to a coin and polyfillaed to hide the figure's base. Next step is smooth the filler and uncover his feet before undercoating.

Note: The Bishop is hidden away in eM4's fantasy section, so it's not easy to find ...
Next up are some figures from Ironclad Miniatures that were new releases for Salute. I think SimonQ (aka Brummie) with his Empire of the Dead thing going on will be particularly interested in these VSF mini's.
The top pic is pack 'ODD08 Police armed with rifles' and the bottom pic is 'CH32 Sgt Barker' (left) with 'CH31 Inspector Corbitt' (right), none of which are listed on their webshop yet ...

Those with fond memories of a certain double act on UK TV in the 70's and 80's may well recognise the Sargeant and Inspector ... a certain 'Blower' from 'Olde London Towne' ?

Last for this post, are the 3 poses from the 15mm Peter Pig's 'Bayonet and Ideology' Spanish Civil War range pack 59 'Female militia in civilian dress'. I got these to add a bit of variety to my VBCW militia.The pack I got had 3 of each of the outside models and 2 of the centre figure.

That's it for this post. Next time (the last on Sa-Loot) we'll have the toys I got from Hasslefree and Fenris (and maybe some others that I can't remember right now!)