Monday 29 April 2013

Sa-Loot 13; part the third ...

Yet more pictures of the new toys I got at Salute '13.  In case you hadn't twigged yet, I did get a teeny-tiny bit carried away and increase my lead mountain by more than is really good for me ... Most of these photos include a 40mm Greek and Zed-Me as size indicators.

 So, first up this time, are the Argonauts from Crooked Dice mainly for 40mm Greek project, but who knows I may use them for 7TV at some point as well. I also got their March deal of the month - the Bionic Bordello but forgot to photo them ... oh well!
 To the left is a pic of the 2 figures that I got from Alternative Armies' Typhon range, the TY03 Hoplite and HE08 The Medusa (or as I think she should be called, "The fallen Medusa with the big boobies" ...). Again these are my 40mm Greek project
 And this one shows the Medusa assembled - which was really easy to do; just a dab of superglue and the arms went right on.

Next, are 2 figures from Fenris Games,on the left - FGGK01 Goatkin brute "Rocky" and on the right, a Bronze Age Miniatures FGBRZCNT4 - Mare Crustulam, centaur guard. I had wanted to get some other Bronze Age mini's figures as I'd read on the net that they were big enough to use with 40mil's, but they didn't work for me. They are almost tall enough, but the proportions are different - the heads and hands being too small are the most noticeable. I'm not entirely certain about the centaur, but I think I'll get away with it ...

Penultimately for today, is the Heresy mini's Sharclon Officer with Destructor Pistol. I had bought some Heresy stuff (in next post) in advance via PayPal, and when I did, it added postage automatically, which was wrong as I was going to collect them from Salute. I was told that the postage would be refunded, but it still hadn't been on the day, so when I asked for it at the stand, I was told I could have the £3.60 postage or a  £4 figure instead. Never one to turn down a chance of saving money, I went for the Sharclon (stands for SHort-Arsed-Clone, I was told) officer, as I had been thinking of buying it anyway. It comes with 4 heads and that's the one I'll use, although it's not glued on in this pic ...

Finally, as I'd got them out of the packets, I thought I'd show you some of the Otherworld Mini's monsters I got, and how they size up with 28mm and 40mm.  I'm really please with them; as well as being great casts, they're the right size for what I want, but they are really big against the 28mm!