Tuesday 21 May 2013

Painting? What's That? and "In Her Majesty's Name"

First of all, apologies for the extended lack of posting [again! :( ] ...but moving on from that ...

As followers of my blog may remember, I moved home in the last quarter of 2012, and since then I've not done a single bit of painting ... I'm really not sure why that is, but I just haven't. Going back over my (infrequent!!) blog posts, I've made some buildings, but no painting :(

Anyway, after I first saw them on the Board of the Living Lead, I decided to get some of Clearco Miniatures' first releases - Modern Female Survivors. Anyway, I've nearly finished these and hope to 'magic dip' them tonight, so look for pics later this week ...

In other news:
  • My copy of "In Her Majesty's Name" VSF rules from Osprey arrived yesterday. Not read much beyond the introduction as yet, but my first impressions are very, very good! I'm certainly looking forward to reading the rest.
  • I've based all my Land Ironclads and 2mm Infantry, so hopefully now I'm painting again I'll get some of them done and photographed soon.
  • As well as the Clearco mini's I've mad a start on my 40mm Greeks as well, and I'm looking forward to the release of Of Gods and Mortals Mythological Wargame Rules from Osprey later in the year, which seem tailor-made for these figures ...
  • I'm getting everything I need together to build a 15mm country village for my VBCW project
  • The '1st Light' spaceship will get some attention in the near future ... (honest!)