Tuesday 23 April 2013

Salute Pics

[Is that a bandwagon driving by?!? I must jump on it!]

First of all apologies for yet another extended absence.  I've not been motivated to do much of anything lately, but having been to Salute last Saturday (and yet again missed the bloggers' meet), I'm feeling slightly more oomph to get things done.

So, as a first step, I thought I'd follow the latest trend in wargames blogs and post some pics I took on the big day and next time, I'll post some pics of my new toys (including what I got when I got just a teensy bit carried away at the Otherworld Miniatures stand); anyway, the pictures ...

As we all know, wargaming has its own fads - and judging by the games at Salute, it seems that the latest is Victorian Science Fiction.  As that is something that I'm very interested in, my pics are of those games as I'm sure there are better pics and reviews on other blogs ...
A non-VSF pic; the 36' monstrosity that was
the Warlords' Hammers' Slammers game ...
The "In Her Majesty's Name" (Osprey's forthcoming
Steampunk rules) game (IIRC!)
Detail shot of the IHMN game; this alley is
at the bottom centre of the previous  pic
Other than being VSF, I'm not sure what this game was ...
Wolsung (another steampunk skirmish game) I think ...
it didn't come across as particularly ... 'memorable' unfortunately ...
Or this might have been Wolsung ....
I don't know what this game was either, but it is much
more striking than the previous 2 games; the simple, but very
innovative terrain was very striking
close-up of the swan flying over the building
in the centre right of the above pic
This game really caught my eye just as I was leaving; this was a
Fantasy (not VSF) game by the Ilford club that used homegrown
rules and 'Uncharted Seas' ships - v.v. impressive 
One of the ships from the above game
Dragon ship from same game; in the background
is one of the floating islands that looked very good