Friday 8 November 2013

Last Friday

I've been meaning to post all week, but haven't got around to it :(

Anyway, last friday at my local club, I was going to play a game of Formula De against my good friend Andy. However, when we arrived (coincidentally at the same time) Graham and Alec invited us to join their game of Platoon, which is a club-written set of 28mm WW2 skirmish rules derived from the Peter Pig company rule set 'PBI2'.

So Andy and I took them up on the offer and thoroughly enjoyed it (well I did and I think Andy did!). I didn't take many photos, but those that I did follow:
In the pic above you can see 2 of the main elements of the game - the square based movement system and the buckets-o-dice combat RASH (Roll A Six to Hit) system.

 An action shot featuring Andy's and Graham's chest ...

Unfortunately the pic above is blurry, but it's trying to show some of Graham's figures.

We had so much fun that we're going to play again tonight! This time I'm taking my own figures and Hexon terrain along, so I'll (hopefully!) have more and better pics to post next time

I've just noticed that my "My Lead Men" page didn't have my WW2 28mm stuff on it, so I've just added it