Wednesday 26 June 2019

Careena - Extending Her Supply ...

Over on the Ironsworn Discord server - you can find a link to it on the community page of the Ironsworn site, here : https://www.ironswornrpg.com/community

A user (mrSnout) had posted a document about Supply and Consumables in Ironsworn, which I thought had some great ideas but was unclear.

So, I've re-written it, made some changes and posted it to the 'Homebrew' channel on the server. You can also get it from this link:  ExtendingSupply.pdf

I'm going to use the new Supply types from that document for Careena and between posts is a good point to make the change which I'm going to do using the third method I've suggested, viz:
Multiply your existing Supply value by 4 and use the result as ranks assigned to the new supply type tracks
As Careena's current Supply is 4, multiplying that by 4, gives us 16 ranks to assign to the Supply type tracks, which are
  • Food
  • Healing
  • Ammo
  • Rituals
Since we've not established in the fiction (yet) whether Careena even has a missile weapon, we'll give Ammo 2 ranks
I've had some thoughts about giving Careena the Slinger asset at some point, so I will be giving her a sling in the fiction fairly soon and is why I'm not giving this track zero
Careena is a trainee Ritualist, and becoming one is the Iron Vow that is ruling her life at the moment, so I feel that 5 ranks in the Rituals supply type track is a given really

That leaves 9 ranks. As the reason that Careena had Supply 4 and not 5 was that some food was lost in the river (as per the fiction), we'll set the Food supply ranks to 4 and Healing to 5
I don't think you can have too many Healing supplies after all
I'd like to use the Pack Animal companion asset for Careena's pack-pony (Sammay as I've named her in the fiction), but not right now.  Maybe in the future - if Sammay lives that is!