Saturday 22 June 2019

Starting again ...

I've decided to re-start my Ironsworn solo campaign.  Since my first session with Kithayn - two weeks ago now - my thinking about the Ironlands I want to play my game in, has evolved considerably.

I want to use the rich culture and world developed by Katharine Kerr in her Deverry novels, and while that was basically the world that I envisioned for Kithayn, I allowed the Ironlands default setting to creep into it, which then made it change away from what I wanted.

So rather than try and mutilate the established fiction in Kithayn's game back to that of Deverry that I  envision, I've decided to start again, which should be easier and I'm going to try a bullet point journal initially as writing up the note format I did for Kithayn took far too long and is unfinished ...

Also, since that session, I've read some more actual play and have been impressed with the way that those players have used the Oracle tables to create and shape their stories, so I intend to do that

I want to tell a story involving magic, or Dewomer as it is called in the Deverry books, and I certainly have a much better ideas for the character's assets as a result

So now, I'm going to do a character page for the new character