Monday 30 January 2012

This week I have mostly been ...

making a model aeroplane.  My Dad worked his entire working career for the Ministry of Defence and one of the things he worked on was the BAC TSR-2, specifically using the prototypes of the cancelled aircraft for weapons testing (one thing they did was place an HE charge on the very tip of the 'plane's nose and see what damage it did when detonated!).

Anyway, it was his 70th birthday in early December last year, and as I wanted to get him something different, I talked to him about it and we decided I'd make him a model of the TSR-2. Suffice to say, it wasn't made in time for his birthday ...

Or Christmas ...

But this week I finally finished it and delivered it to him yesterday - Sunday. Here is a pic of the finished model:
The model on my Dad's windowsill
As you can see from the pic, either I mislaid the canopy, or it wasn't in the model - which I bought on ebay - unfortunately I can't remember ...

Now that's out of the way, more wargaming stuff to follow, hopefully with part 5 of the Burma series next