Monday 17 June 2013

Valhalla '13 Loot

Despite finishing last week with a migraine (wiped out Thurs & Fri, and made me feel grotty most of Sat), I made it to Valhalla 13 yesterday, and as it was Father's Day as well, I had my 12-yr old daughter in tow ...  I was very conscious of not getting her bored as I stood and gawped at eye-candy so I didn't take any piccies.

I did, however, bump into a gaming buddy that I don't think I've seen since before my daughter was born (!) although I might have slightly after that momentous day ...  anyway, the long and short of it is, he's intending to return to gaming and hopes to be able to make it to the Farnborough club! This is good news as one of the many reasons I stopped going was nobody was interested in the genres that I was, whereas my buddy - let's call him Andy* - was! So I hope to actually play some games soon! Woo-hoo!

*- well it is his name after all! ;)

I also, picked up some new toys and other bits that you can see in the pic. In the pic are (in no particular order):
As always, it was a good, if somewhat cramped, show - well done to Farnborough Wargames Society!

In other news:
  • I got the Osprey on the Balkan Wars for father's day - cool!
  • Still not got the latest issue of 'Wargames, Soldiers & Strategy' :( will get the pdf in the next couple of days